WINTER OUTLOOK 2023 IS NOW LIVE

The 2023 Winter Outlook

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday Morning: Euro Means Business for Wednesday

In my video last night I discussed the potential for a storm threat Wednesday night into Thursday. Yes, just in time for the holiday rush. I also mentioned another threat could materialize on Thursday night into Friday or the two threats could consolidate into one. Well, last nights European model run consolidated all the energy into one compact storm for Wednesday into Thursday effecting most of the area with snow.

The GFS has nada...

Huge difference in modeling here on such an important travel day! At this point, I think the best bet is to weight the European 65% and the GFS 35%. What does that mean? Well unfortunately it means there might be some travel impacts on Wednesday.

Here is my first estimate of what might happen. I really do not think you can fight the euro too much on this one...





I am not going to discuss potential accumulations because there is still the chance this storm does not occur at all, keep that in mind. By tomorrow however, I think I will have enough data to make an actual prediction. For those of you who are curious here is the European models snowfall output.



Read this with caution, this is not my snowfall forecast. The point is the Euro means business! Keep checking in, I am going to really stay on top of this one and try to keep you guys ahead of the situation. For many, the hope is that the GFS is right on this one, but how many times have we seen this routine- GFS out to sea, Euro further west. In many cases the euro does win but has to be adjusted a little to the east. 

Stay tuned, more later this eve.



No comments:

Post a Comment